As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
DNEW, is responsible for the Radio Network Design and development within Ericsson, as well as RAN technology leadership. DNEW Products shall always demonstrate leading radio business opportunities and secure technology evolution.
DSI as a part of DNEW is providing solutions for the Development Flow. Meaning a full service stack for the Flow Service (test tools and CI/CD flows) including SAN services, delivered as part of the Production System. Digital testing and simulation is growing in order to speed up the development flow and to own the ever growing product portfolio and complexity.
You are the DNEW Main Technical Leader for the architecture and roadmap for simulators, ensuring that we develop the rights simulators. These simulators will be used to enable efficient development flows and securing the quality of our RAN products. Your work will mainly be in the earlier phases of product development.
In this role you will be in the center between key developers in PDU BB, PDU Radio, PDU CR, PDU NSV and PDU TC.
You will also regularly interface with external vendors to discuss strategies, put development requirements and follow up on progress.
Technology-wise you will have outstanding insight in the evolution of the Radio Hardware, the Base band development in Ericsson as well as Ericsson interfaces between their products.
The simulator themselves are everything from quite standard protocol simulators, to groundbreaking UE simulator systems deployed in cloud infrastructure.
Innovative technology is also being used, for example in our channel emulators
You have your ear to the ground with PDUs in DNEW regarding their requirements and difficulties.
With knowledge from system level architects and Simulator developers and technology changes inside and outside the company you will formulate evolutionary steps.
You are analytical, structured, collaborative and result oriented with excellent communication skills.
You find creative solutions when lacking information and act outside your formal area of responsibility when needed.
You lead and coordinate the evolution of our Simulator roadmap, which will be recommendations to the backlogs for ESP Production programs.
Evolving the roadmap require deep technical understanding, phenomenal collaborating and networking skills and superb organizational skills.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- The DNEW simulator roadmap and Actively supply to the technical evolution of our simulators and development of new Simulators.
- Closely and actively cooperate with architects and System guardians.
- Closely and actively agree with all DNEW PDUs and other DSI sections and external vendors.
- Interface/stakeholder to external vendors
- Actively seek understanding of the problems of system users
- Supply to knowledge sharing in respective areas
- Follow & understand industry trends in the area
- Stay Business, user and customer focused with accountability to deliver results
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- M.Sc or relevant education on similar level
- Experience as leader of sophisticated technical organizations in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Deep understanding of Ericsson product development and experience in working with system development
- Solid understanding and experience of Simulator development, Both in technology and process.
- Understanding of CI architectures and how CI strategies can be used to optimize flow and quality
- Shown ability to negotiate and collaborate to reach solutions in a multi stakeholder environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Solid understanding and experience of R&D processes, including lean & agile practices
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where emotional intelligence and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Sweden, Kista, Linköping operationally interfacing units in all relevant DNEW sites
Selection is ongoing please apply as soon as possible
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.