Our Exciting Opportunity
Development Unit Networks (DNEW) within Business Unit Networks (BNEW) is the organization within Ericsson that develops Radio products for 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G.
BNEW DNEW DSI DAC DE 1 (Development Services and Infrastructure, Design and Cloud environments, Design Environment 1) is a central group of senior and driven developers. The section is divided in two parts:
- One is responsible for bringing in the Linux Operating System into BNEW DNEW. Included in this responsibility is to drive and steer the supplier to implement the correct features in the OS that Ericsson cannot do on our own, due to legal reasons.
- The other part has to do with Design environment (Inner loop) for DNEW.
Linux constitutes a very large part of our products and hence is important. To stay up to date with what’s happing in the Linux world we need to do updates to the newer versions. We are buying the distribution from a Linux vendor.
We are now looking for a Technical Coordinator to do the uplifts and to make improvements in the process. Join us!
- Consider the next Linux version recommended for uplift
- Coordinate with the vendor to get the content and details
- Be responsible for early study for the content in the existing and incoming version under considerations
- Drive the meetings with Execution environment teams to finalize the version. Next uplift could include G3
- Drive the Pre-study for the uplift—including all the modules for the products under uplift scope
- Drive the execution (F2) including the coordination among modules, modules CI
- Drive the technical meetings for status, issues tracking and collaboration among the modules
- Drive the coordination with NodeCI and BLMs to get the test track/UP setup and verification of the patched UPs at node level
To be successful in the role you must have
- Bachelor´s Degree in computer engineering or similar
- Min years of experience: 5-10 years
- Domain experience: Embedded Linux, MSRBS, RCS or XCS
- Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- People and networking skills
- The ability to deliver results and to meet customer expectations
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Improving the uplift process capabilities
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Marco Crosilla at email@example.com.
Hiring Manager: Line Manager BNED DNEW Development Services and Infrastructure, Design and Cloud environments, Design Environment 1
Location for this role: Stockholm, Lund, Linköping or Gothenburg,SWEDEN, Lodz, POLAND or Budapest, HUNGARY.
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible.
Last day to apply: 11 December 2020
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.