Do you want to build cloud software contributing to the greater good for millions of patients worldwide? Then you should apply for the role as Software Developer in our cloud automation and optimization team.
Sectra is an award-winning, full-service software company and one of Northern Europe´s most established suppliers of software to the medical industry. With the growing trend of cloud deliveries, we are now looking for motivated Software Developers to join our cloud transformation journey.
Working as a software engineer
As a Software Developer you are expected to drive the development of our cloud platform components and be part of transforming our products and mind-set to a cloud setting, including operational and cost efficiency. You will be part of a self-organizing team with a shared passion for technology. The team is responsible for design, implementation and quality of the product in close cooperation with stakeholders.
At work you will:
- Solve complex and interesting problems while being part of our cloud and automation journey.
- Deploy and automate installation of hardware, network and software of a complete hospital IT system in the cloud.
- Work in a diverse technical stack including.
- Ruby, .NET, Terraform, Chef, Azure CLI
- SQL server, data storage, containers, Linux/WSL
- Azure, network management, cloud security, automation and orchestration
- Visual Studio Code, Git, Jira
- Be part of an international team, with close colleagues in Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Evolve our way of working – we can always make things better!
Life at Sectra
We take our work seriously and the work put into our solutions is prioritized by our own ideas as well as ideas from customers and stakeholders at Sectra. However, we like to have fun as well and encourage all our employees to explore their own ideas. For example, every six weeks, a two day “RAD-Friday” is arranged where all our engineers have the opportunity to work on their own ideas. Ideas that often are incorporated into our products.
Skills & Requirements
At Sectra, we hire for attitude and ability – train for skill. This means who you are more important than your previous experiences. There are a few core abilities that are central for any role. We always look for your willingness and ability to learn and take on new tasks fast, utilize previous experiences and quickly grasp new information. We also want you to have a strong analytical mindset in which we consider it to be important that you can understand and break down and solve problems. We also look for good communicators who have the ability to interact with colleagues, partners and customers in an effective, clear and constructive way.
In addition to these abilities, we also want you to:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within engineering, IT or similar with a strong academic record
- You love software development, value customer contact and thrive in a fast-paced technological environment.
- Fluency in English and preferably Swedish.
We consider it a great asset if you:
- Have previous experience in:
- Our technical stack (see specification above)
- Deploying and using cloud services.
- Automation, continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Have a good understanding of cloud scalability, reliability and security.
- Have experience from agile way of working in self-organizing teams
We recruit on an ongoing basis. This means we encourage you to apply or contact us as soon as possible.
Learn more about our recruitment process here.