Product Development Unit Cloud RAN will ensure Ericsson’s readiness in virtualization of radio access network solutions to serve our customers when deploying 5G. We are a growing organization and are looking for several Newly Graduated Software Developers with various background in System Engineering and Software Development who cares about well-crafted software to join our sector virtual Central Unit (vCU).
You will use modern techniques and methods, such as cloud-native, microservices and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to develop the system architecture and the solutions. We believe that you are productive, creative, and easily interact with other people. In addition, you are self-going and propose solutions and ways forward to achieve our goals. If you want to take a part in building something truly exciting at the same time as you face challenging tasks, here’s your opportunity!
What you will do
- Design, implement and review software based on requirement specifications for the Cloud RAN software by using Cloud Native paradigms, mainly based on C++ in a Linux environment.
- Create automated tests in multiple layers for the software you and your team write, both unit tests in C++ as well as multi-component tests in the Ericsson-developed language Erlang.
- Participate as a dedicated team member in the everyday teamwork and collaborate closely with your colleagues in a global environment.
- Work end-to-end: participate in pre-design activities, document your work, and follow your work all the way to customer activities.
- Handle customer feedback and fix bugs.
- Analyze, design, and implement product improvements to secure long-term quality and architecture for our software products.
You will bring
- A university education, M.Sc/B.Sc in e.g. computer science/IT/electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Java or other modern languages and a great interest in software development in general.
- Good communication skills and a positive team-oriented attitude which is essential, due to the level of collaboration both within and outside your team.
- An ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal English which is crucial, since are an international organization.
- An interest in developing your personal qualities and deepening your knowledge and career with us.
Knowledge in any of Telecommunication, Virtualization, cloud, container technologies, development of microservices, SW architecture, Machine Learning, Agile ways of working and Erlang programming is beneficial.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at email@example.com.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.