About this opportunity!
We are accelerating the product development with new, fresh thinking. We challenge the established flow with new methodologies and are active in the open-source communities.
As a Network Engineer you will work with:
- Full stack virtualization of the 5G NR
- CRAN & DRAN configurations
- COTS HW including L1 accelerators where needed.
- Cloud Native infrastructure based on ADP framework for SW based on microservices and containers.
- Open interfaces (e.g., F1, X2/Xn, A1, 01, LLS)
- Architecture for automation, AI and machine learning
- Band support: Low and Mid-Band AAS, High-Band in the future.
- Radio support: Potentially all Ericsson NR capable radios with the use of eCPRI or CPRI converter
Quickly and efficiently by
- Automating anything that can be with an as a Service mentality.
- Providing test environments and tools in time and providing timely feedback that allows quick problem resolution.
What you will do
We are looking for a creative Network Engineer that will be:
- Responsible for Networking Strategy for Cloud Ran Lab and Infra Strategy together with our Network Architect
- Sharing Technical scope ownership of Lab Infra Networking Architecture covering LAN/WAN + Radio NW
- Participating in studies and provide recommendations on Scope, Impact, Cost
- Participating in Design and Operations phases with emphasis on hands-on activities(SRE, implementation, automation and solving issues.)
- Providing automation and deployment of NW infrastructure
- Creating Design documents and maintains Architectural artefacts (LLD, Lab designs)
You will bring
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar experience.
- Very good understanding of R&D and development processes
- Technical Leadership (work allocation and prioritization
- Excellent Network problem solving abilities
- Documented work experience with Datacenter architecture principles
- Personality: Curious, Open minded and Perseverant team member who is eager to learn and have a can-do demeanor
- Excellent skills in verbal and written English
- Experience: 5-10 years
You shall have Advanced Networking Competence in the following areas:
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Professional (Data Center) or similar certification with another vendor. (Or lives up to the standards of it)
- Worked in a EVPN & VXLAN environment. Both setting it up, maintaining the environment and solving the issues.
- Worked with tools/network related tools – LibreNMS / Oxidized / Grafana or other related tools.
- Excellent knowledge of BGP and how import/export lists are being evaluated.
- Excellent networking knowledge – understanding switching, routing & firewalling.
- Ansible knowledge, and has written own Ansible Playbooks
- Scripting knowledge, preferably Python
- Current SDN technologies and trends
- Cloud Network Security
- Network Automation (APIs, Automation of Network Backend configuration)
- IP traffic engineering
- Network performance monitoring & analytics
- Driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Solution scope definition, design, and implementation
- Evaluation of new technology/technical areas within networking
- ITIL and SRE competence is good to have
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the limits to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Please submit your application in English. The selection process will start in parallel to the job posting period, please do not wait with submitting your application.
Please note that we cannot process applications sent via email due to GDPR.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Camilla Wohlin, email@example.com
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: December 8th, 2023
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we champion it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.