Join the Rock ‘n Roll Scientists at Softube in Linköping, Sweden and help us craft and tell the Softube story! Softube is a dynamic, fast growing company on a mission–to find the best way to make music with a computer, using our scientific wizardry and our love for music. We are looking for a software developer working with our Console 1 Mixing System which consists of both software and hardware.
Position Details and Application
The position is full-time, on-site at Softube headquarters in Linköping Sweden, and we would like to fill this position as soon as possible. EU citizen applicants are very welcome, many of our current employees are from other countries than Sweden, and English is spoken at the office. Women are underrepresented in the Softube team, so we would like to encourage female applicants.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ”Hybrid Platform developer”. The email should include, or link to, your CV and cover letter. A selected number of applicants will be called to an interview, those applicants will be contacted by email. The last date to apply for this position is 2nd September 2021.
The Console 1 Mixing System consists of both a hardware unit as well as dedicated software. As a Hybrid Platform developer, you will be part of a small product team working with the application software in charge of the communication between the hardware unit and the software, as well as managing the large, shared hybrid platform codebase. This may include:
- Network communication via different protocols.
- Graphical UI programming.
- Advanced usage of C++.
- Troubleshooting in a large codebase.
- Code refactoring.
- Relevant degree.
- At least 2 years working with software development.
- Very good knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience working with large projects and/or codebases.
- English language, both in text and speech.
- Network communication via USB.
- Network protocols.
- Experience of graphical programming.
- Knowledge and experience in music production.
- Knowledge and experience of the music software industry, plug-ins, DAWs.
Softube was founded by Oscar Öberg in 2003 and consists today of over forty people, headquartered in Linköping, Sweden.
Softube develops both hardware and software for musicians, producers, and engineers, often in partnership with big-brand partners such as Marshall, Universal Audio, and Solid State Logic, with an intense focus on sound quality.