Ericsson Software Technology is the open source software development company serving Ericsson, a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Ericsson software technology hosts open source R&D resources, focusing on developing technology, fostering and incubating innovation and industry collaboration through open source development.
Ericsson Software Technology employees live Ericsson’s common vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson Software Technology offers a stimulating work experience in open source projects, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to collaborate with the brightest minds in software development and acquire the knowledge & skills vital to reach your career goals.
As an EST representative open source developer a focus is placed on high emotional competence and communication skills. We will value the right demeanour and attitude in a candidate who wants to explore new technologies and development activities in a fast paced and demanding role.
If you are looking for a new challenge working in partnership with a global virtual team developing the next generation of telecom and edge computing infrastructure, then this may be the right role for you.
What you will do
- You will lead a group of around 15 top talent Linux engineers
- You will enable your group to perform their best by teaching, coaching and challenge them to continuously increase their performance and operational contribution
- You will assure the right scope, quality, time and cost for product development and operations of the Linux distribution
- You will be responsible for: flow optimization, innovation and improvements, knowledge sharing and learning
- You will support teams and individuals by removing impediments in their daily work
- You will promote and assure professionalism and constructive feedback across organization
- You will work close with the Ericsson DSI Design and Cloud Environment Leadership Team
You will bring
- Solid leadership experience, with proven team and people leadership skills
- Ability to initiate improvements, lead change and optimize organizational performance
- Design Ownership and product responsibility mindset, with focus on quality and product care
- Open-source culture and way of working
- Focus on delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Strong software process development knowledge
- Ability to collaborate to reach solutions in a multi stakeholder environment
- Experience in leading in an Agile and Lean way of working
- Experience in leading people in different roles, coaching & mentoring skills
- Very good communication skills, formulating strategies and concepts
Good to have
- Can do attitude with a strong passion to succeed
- Experience from Ericsson product development
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Responsible recruiter: Suma H Venkatagiri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hiring Manager: Head of Design and Cloud environment manager
Last date to apply: 19th May 2022.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email!
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.