About this opportunity
Interested to lead in cloud-native technologies?
Excellent, as we are now looking for creative, energetic, data scientist to join our Network Automation unit. We are embracing a start-up mentality to deliver our product with better customer experience and at the same time increase the organizational efficiency. The Network Automation unit is part of Product Development Unit (PDU) Cloud RAN (Radio Access Network), a new organization that will be leading the development and creation of a cloud-native RAN product offering.
Our unit drives and develops new ways of deploying, managing and controlling the Radio Access Network, using principle from cloud native, intent driven management, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as an integrated part of the solutions. Our vision is an autonomous RAN with a minimum of manual interactions. An important part to enable this is to use a Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) flow within our development.
We have a customer focus with commercial trials planned beginning of 2022. We are growing our organization with skilled persons with various kinds of experiences in software development who care about well-crafted software and reliable systems. We are searching for people who are eager to join us on our journey to build something truly exciting!
We offer an environment where you will be part of a team with the responsibility to develop microservice solutions in a cloud-based Radio Access Network. The team is responsible from initial systemization to product introduction and release, taking an end-to-end product responsibility. This means that the tasks range from requirement setting, systemization, design, implementation, integration, verification to customer release and maintenance. We strive towards using DevOps principles to as large extent as possible.
At Ericsson, we believe in teamwork and value open communication. We believe in agile principles, meaning we are flexible, always strive to improve our ways of working and that the team members together have the required competence to drive the development of the solutions from start to finish. All members of the team contribute with their expertise, thus communication, and coordination both within the team as well as with other teams are of importance.
You will face new technics and methods, like cloud native, microservices and AI/ML, at the same time as the system architecture and the solutions are being developed. You need to be comfortable to work on unspecified tasks and changing requirements.
What you will do
- Participate in pre-design activities such as driving/specifying solutions of use cases and break-down into smaller pieces.
- Participate in design activities, such as analyze, design and implement code, tests and documentation.
- Participate in integration activities and continuously perform system integration of what’s been developed.
- Follow our features all the way to customer making sure it works as expected.
- Daily collaborate with the other team members as most suitable to reach our delivery goals.
- Engage and suggest changes to improve our performance.
You will bring
- A can-do personality that is positive, productive and creative and an ability to plan and drive your own work.
- A team-spirit mentality to reach our common goals and an ability to adapt and respond to changes.
- Excellent cooperation, communication and people skills.
- Proficiency in English in conversation and writing.
- Huge interest in developing your personal qualities and deepening your knowledge and career with us
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science and Software Engineering with AI/ML profile or equivalent level of knowledge.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in data science and/or data engineering.
- Experience from software development and skills in script and object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Golang, C/C++ or Java.
- Solid experience in iterative process of AI/ML model development (such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Gradient boosting, Neural Networks etc).
- Experience in using AI/ML libraries/frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, Pandas, etc. Knowledge on MLOps for product development..
- Experience using software/tools: Docker containers, orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, NoSQL databases, big data processing tools such as Hadoop and Spark, data stream tools such as Spark-Streaming and Kafka, Data pipeline tools such as Airflow, TFX or Seldon.
- Knowledge within Telecommunication and Agile ways of working are beneficial.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.