As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Business Area Networks: where 5G was born! We’re a global team of approx. 30,000 in 93 countries, with 126 nationalities represented. About half of us work in R&D, approx. 6,000 in Group Supply and 5,000 in Service Area Networks. Together we create future-proof, scalable network architectures in an industry that is constantly on the move.
Our approach is simple:
We build solutions that empower our customers to meet tomorrow’s demands. 5G is happening now!
Our Outstanding Opportunity
At Ericsson, we are now investing heavily in the future 5G technology where cutting-edge development is key. We are offering a position to develop one of the most performance-critical blocks in the radio chain, i.e., the data converter. In the position creativity, research capabilities, and product development ambitions are needed for successful execution.
We are a small team where we are focusing on continuous feedback and improvements daily. The team consists of experienced analog, mixed-signal and digital designers where cooperation is the key to success. The successful candidate will have a phenomenal opportunity to develop problem solution skills and contribute to and learn from the team.
The team is responsible to develop data converter products from specification via ASIC design and verification to validation, industrialization, and internal customer integration and support. Meaning that there are several opportunities to grow within the team!
- Develop new concepts for data converter architectures suitable for integration in Ericsson’s radio base stations.
- Focus on system-level modelling, transistor level design, layout as well as validation and production test development.
- Participate in specification work for RF & Mixed-Signal ICs and documenting your work.
- Participate in / drive continuous improvements of products and processes and during certain times mentoring more junior designers.
To be successful in the role you must have
- In-depth and documented experience of high-end data converter designs concepts and implementations;
- At least 2 years of experience in data converter development with focus on high-speed designs. Preferably with a background of object leadership or being a driver of larger mixed-signal block designs, which included several designers and successfully delivered on-time, high-quality work.
- Expertise in calibration methods for data converters in state-of-the-art technologies
- Extensive knowledge in RFIC design (with specific focus on top level modelling but also a schematic design, layout, and the loop in between)
- Understanding of digital flow and architectures to understand system level decisions and implications.
- Excellent communication skills with RF engineers;
- Detailed track record of successful RF CMOS designs in advanced nodes;
- Experience in Cadence/Spectre-RF as well as modelling tools such as Matlab
- Knowledge of the industrialization of RFICs, such development of production test and ASIC qualification are a desired.
If you feel that you share the same values with us, we are happy to see your application in English!
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Location: Linköping, Sweden.
Please enclose your CV in English.
Last application date: 06.12.2020.
You will be reporting to Manager of RF Converters at Business Area Networks.
Due to the GDPR we cannot accept applications sent to email please apply with your CV and cover letter through the system.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
In case of questions please contact the recruiter: Anastasiia Moriarti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.