We are now looking for a System Leader/Technical Product and Portfolio Manager (TPM) to join the Strategic System Leader team that works with the high-level technical systemization for the Cloud RAN portfolio. In this work cooperation with the Cloud RAN key customers is vital, to understand the customer needs, a breakdown of customer input to technical requirements as well as technical customer presentation. We are now looking for a team member in the TPM team that leads the strategic key customer cooperation within the Cloud RAN E2E system project. The system groups with E2E systemization in the timeframe ~1-3 year before product is planned to be released.
Development unit PDU Cloud RAN has a small E2E Strategic System Development lead (SSL)/ Technical Product and Portfolio Management (TPM) team. The team works with technical investigations, support for strategic customer cooperation, produces decision material, build, and maintain to the Cloud RAN technical portfolio plan.
You are part of Cloud RAN E2E System Lead project that is responsible for defining the E2E Cloud RAN target architecture, the architectures and systemization of features that goes cross product development groups (e.g., Cloud RAN OAM, licensing, provisioning, troubleshooting…), E2E security, E2E System performance and the Cloud RAN Technical Product and Portfolio content.
The split architecture, the Cloud Native infrastructure and the journey towards micro services puts new demands on the systemization, on new and changed functionality, on observability, on trace and not least the way of working.
PDU Cloud RAN is a small development unit, and you will be part of a highly upbeat and tech focused team, defining midterm product development strategies and systemization for the virtualized product offering.
What you will do
- Be a key member of the overall Cloud RAN Strategic System Lead/ Technical Product and Portfolio Management team, ensuring that we as a company succeed in delivering an excellent cloud native RAN offering to our customers.
- Take the technical lead in supporting product line and customer units in strategic customer engagements, 1-3 years before Cloud RAN releases, and bringing forward innovative solutions that are in line with the capabilities of the organization.
- Drive and align a high-level technology plan and high-level system description that describes the needed steps and timing for the Cloud RAN Journey.
- Drive and/or participate in coordinating the analysis and planning for new requirements or solutions that are driven from customers, product line, other functional units within Cloud RAN and other Ericsson units.
- Lead and/or participate in technical system studies, producing technical decision material, cost estimates, small business cases and make buy analysis.
- Maintain a network and coordinate with other technical leaders in and adjacent to the area.
- Lead and participate in technical decisions forums and steering group.
- Create and present technical content for key customers and partners.
You will bring
- An academic degree: MSc, PhD or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience of system work developing large scale products.
- Engineering and technical leadership capabilities to help your system groups and team both deliver on short-term commitments and to evolve our solutions into the future.
- Experience in system management, research management and/or technical product and portfolio management.
- Extensive experience of strategic technical cooperation with large key customers.
- A deep interest and understanding of 4G and 5G technologies as well as cloud infrastructure platforms (CaaS/PAAS) and HPCs.
- Great communication skills and experience of cooperation’s with 3PPs and customer.
- In-depth knowledge in systemization of 3GPP RAN and /or Cloud technologies (quick studies, strategic investigations, OA and initial SP level).
- Technical understanding of mobile systems and the RAN market, especially the deployment scenarios and motivations that drives the customer requirements, and the competitive landscape.
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies and how they are used in other businesses, including public Cloud providers.
- Experience of cross organizational technical coordination and alignment.
- Technical and human proficiencies needed to help craft our vision for a truly Cloud-Native RAN solution.
- Solid background in translating sophisticated technical information to decision points and impact analysis.
- A capability to translate our products into values for our customers as well as customer wishes into products relevant requirements.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at email@example.com
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping or Stockholm, Sweden or Ottawa, Canada.
Last day to apply: As soon as possible in English.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more