We are hiring, are you ready to create the Cloud RAN future for Ericsson?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both!
We are currently taking the next step in our technology prime drive within Ericsson, looking into the Cloud RAN architecture that is coming fully during 2022, and we Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to the market.
This is the next step after 5G where we already have 100 signed 5G contracts, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries and from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
You will work within Cloud RAN System Performance who are responsible for development, release and maintenance of Ericsson Radio Access Networks (RAN) and Cloud RAN. To meet the next step, we have accelerated the efforts towards 5G in combination with Cloud and the Cloud RAN System Performance group is responsible for specifying requirements and solutions for the Cloud RAN area. The group drives studies in early phases (concept evaluations and pre-studies) as well as securing characteristics through involvement in the Product Development and Testing phases. The department also contributes in the 3GPP standardization for 5G and Cloud RAN.
What you will do
- Develop methods, tools and collaborations within Ericsson and it’s Cloud RAN journey with partners in order to secure world class product characteristics.
- Have close corporation with designers, other system departments and test groups.
- Look towards 5G and beyond a more flexible and scalable architecture is a necessity, why the work with a new architecture suited for cloud deployment is ongoing.
- As a System Developer there will be opportunities for several interesting and challenging tasks, such as driving early phases concept studies, acting as bridge to design and verification, taking responsibility for a specific technical area, Characteristics requirement management and verification, low level product performance analysis (or as we call it Profiling), customer contacts and much more!
You will bring
- A spirit of positiveness and creativeness with a can-do-attitude.
- Great communicating skills.
- A team-spirit mentality to reach common goals together with your team.
- A positive mindset.
- A great deal of care for well-crafted software.
- Experience in Virtualization, cloud, container technologies, development of microservices, SW architecture and agile methods and continuous integration.
- Artificial intelligence/Machine Learning experience.
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Programming skills in object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++. Other programming languages are highly valuable as well.
- Interest or Knowledge in Cloud/x86 environments.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Education and experience in Software development and/or low level product profiling.
- Experience from working in technical R&D roles.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at email@example.com
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader.
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden.
Last day to apply: As soon as possible in English.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.