Ericsson’s Baseband Infrastructure (BBI) organization provides key products and services to all Ericsson Radio Access Baseband (BB) applications 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G. BBI’s product portfolio includes operating system libraries (kernel, boot loader, communication and observability services), a tools suite (IDE, build system, compiler, code analysis, test framework, debugger and trace), and a programming model tailored to the Ericsson Many Core Architecture (EMCA) hardware. The complete offering is referred to as the EMCA Software Development Kit (EMCA SDK).
We currently seek a Software Architect to join the BBI Technology Management (TM) Team. Location for the position is Lund, Linköping or Stockholm.
The BBI TM team own the BBI architecture. The main responsibility is to establish and maintain the architectural integrity of the EMCA SDK. Additionally, drive architectural decisions in alignment with BBI stakeholder needs and with PDU BB, DNEW and Ericsson architecture evolution.
As a BBI System Architect you will
- Drive system studies (opportunity analysis, solution proposal studies) in the initial phase of the product development life cycle. Defining engineering requirements, high-level solutions, and test plans.
- Secure new feature scope and implementation strategies together with external and internal stakeholders.
- Provide early effort estimates for development program planning.
- Support Product Owners and Program Managers in creating and defining development milestones.
- Develop new architectures.
- Generate positive energy acting as technical leader, coach, and mentor to motivate teams in architectural decisions.
- Make sure to be on top of the technical aspects, provide visibility, highlight issues, manage risks, and proactively look for solutions. Clearly articulate options and tradeoffs and as needed make tough and pragmatic decisions.
- Devise and establishing architecture best practices and principles.
- Help to translate business requirements to technical solutions.
To be successful in this role, you should have
- Previous experience doing system design work, driving or participation in system studies.
- Deep System Knowledge in at least one domain within BB SW, CDS or Radio SW organizations or relevant experience in BBI systemizaiton or detailed design.
- Preferable deep knowledge about BB subdomains PHY and UPC and their specific needs.
- Knowledge of EMCA hardware.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to drive decisions based on different, and often competing, points of view.
- A can-do attitude.
- At least MSc level in computer science, computer engineering or similar.
You are at an advantage if you have one or more of the following qualifications
- A solid understanding of software development trends & best practices.
- Experience of SW development in a Linux environment using e.g. Git and Gerrit.
- Experience working with C in an embedded environment.
- Experience of systemization and troubleshooting SW close to HW.
Why join Ericsson?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Last day to apply June 12th, 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note we cannot accept applications via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.